Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Cerulean Survivors

Who are the Cerulean Survivors?
The Cerulean Survivors are one of four AAA teams within the Thingysland Baseball League promoted to the Major League level. The team formed six years ago, consisting of denizens from the Tales of Symphonia Thingy, Azumanga Daioh Thingy, and the Ace Attorney Thingy, after they were displaced by Kathy and her apprentices. The name "Survivors" is a reference to how each of them survived the attack, even if the players are immortal with their Master's Degrees. The "Cerulean" refers to the team's owner, the Cerulean City Mat 4 Cheap, and not to the team's home field. The Survivors play all of their games within the confines of The Nursery.

Despite the unconventional makeup of the team, the Survivors were successful in each of their six years in the minor leagues, winning the overall championship in the Amateur tier, the Rookie tier the AA tier, and the AAA tier (three years in a row.) After a year of negotiations, the Cerulean Survivors joined the Eligna Nordic Atlanticans, Wallace Gentle Giants, and Washington Bulldozers in the 64-team Major Leagues.

What is the purpose of this blog?
This blog is designed to follow the Cerulean Survivors as they face Major League competition in their inaugural season. The blog will feature write-ups of the team's games, as well as analyses regarding the team.

In actuality, I'm doing this because the hot stove league is driving me nuts. Nothing can be more boring than waiting for free agent signings to happen when they're so few and far apart. I figured I might as well get my baseball fix from my own imagination. This has also been an attempt to tabulate the statistics of a team all by myself, so I have an Excel spreadsheet detailing the stats after every game. The Cerulean Survivors are a product of my own imagination, even if the characters are owned by Namco, MediaWorks, and Capcom. The other 63 teams are also from my own imagination, and each of the games are simulated by myself.

1 comment: